Sweet Memories

Monday, January 7, 2008

Poem by Helen Steiner Rice

I read this last night to try to fine some solace, some meaning in all of this and still I can't. But praying has helped ease some of the pain and sense of disbelief that David is gone. It is so final when you say that.

Growing up, he was the one who always was not around. Be it on his sailing days, then his trips when he went on holiday while working in Sats, then when he joined the seminary he was away for 11 years.

We really hardly saw him, but when we did it was quality time, either it was birthdays or occasions especially Mother's Day, it was tradition in our family that only the ladies would go out on Mother's Day without the men and children but somehow we could not do it without David around, it has been like that for the last few years since he came back. I treasure those times that we spent together and it is locked away in my heart forever. I just wish we had more time together.....

When life has lost it's lustre
and it's filled with dull routine
When you long to run away from it
seeking pastures new and green
Remember, no one runs away from life
without finding when they do
You can't escape the thoughts you think
that are pressing down on you
For though the scenery may be different
it's the same old heart and mind
And the same old restless longings
that you tried to leave behind.
So when your heart is heavy
and your day is dull with care
Instead of trying to escape
why not withdraw to prayer
For in prayer there is renewal
of the spirit, mind and heart
For everything is lifted up
in which God has a part.

This Sunday is David's 1 month anniversary since he left us. Fr Timothy will be celebrating mass for David at Holy Trinity Church in Tampines at 12.30pm.

Please take this as an invitation from the family to come and celebrate mass and lift my brother in prayer. This will be followed by fellowship and lunch in the parish hall.

God bless every single one of you for your prayers.

The Thexeira Family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i read this poem, it broke my heart and we all know that he loved his family, nephews and his siblings, and that what he fought for until his sudden passing. I know i will always love you in my heart and you are a inspiration to all of us. Not just my faith, my school, my family. Every aspect of my life, i'll come to you for help and you'll always been helping me. I just want to say thank you, you'll be missed tremendously and i'll see you again, i love you so much uncle david.

From Your Loving Nephew,

Timothy Thexeira