Sweet Memories

Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Hero, My Brother

Good evening all,

Today is 2 months since that dreadful day when David collapsed in Bangkok....time is going so slowly and the pain has not eased. Since that day we have heard countless good things about my dearest brother and it has calmed the tempest in my heart somewhat but it still feels as if my
broken heart will never heal.

I would like to share a story that has helped me to marvel at this man who has touched so many people and still continue to do so daily...

I visited my brother's grave a couple of weeks ago with a dear friend of mind and we shared our quiet reflection at her mother's grave and then David's grave, as we were leaving CCK, we chanced upon someone who was reading the papers under a tree and she said that this man was someone I should meet.

We approached him and we were introduced and I explained to him that I needed to have my brother's tombstone constructed in a couple of months time. He has his own company and he constructed my friend's mother's beautiful tombstone. As we were talking he asked me who my brother was and I told him Fr David and he said he knew him! It was so amazing....he said this priest was so nice and he was the one they always called when they needed a priest to say the funeral rites at the grave and he would never say no. He was also at my brother's funeral and he said he had never seen so many people attend a funeral at the cemetery before. Needless to say, we will be using him to construct David's tombstone....

I really don't know how long this pain will cease to be and today my little one James asked me why God was so cruel to take Uncle David away...I have asked myself that too sometimes but then my faith in our Lord brings me back to what's real and inevitable, I answered my son in a way that I have had so many people tell me..God needed him more than we did and we had to let him go.

Rest in peace dear David and ease this pain in our hearts.

Love always,
Dad, Mummy, Michael, Robert and Christine

No comments: