Sweet Memories

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holy Week - March 17th 2008

Good afternoon all,

It's been 3 months last Thursday since my dearest brother left us so suddenly. Now it's Holy Week, Lent is almost over and this season has been hard, harder than even Christmas. It's hard
to imagine that the one that you love is not around anymore, anyone who has lost someone can
attest to that, the pain has not lessened in fact it's getting harder to bear. The finality is so unbearable but to be strong is what is expected of everyone and what is expected of me....

I have spoken to so many people who have said things that provide some measure of comfort but it still does not lessen the pain. I guess this cross will be something that we have to bear though some may disagree and say we should let go because he is in heaven and he is a saint and he is watching over us, but to these dear people who mean well you can never know how difficult and how painful it is to let someone you love so dearly go.....

Dear Lord, I hope you can understand and forgive this selfishness that I am going through to want my dear brother back but I am only human. Dear David, only you can know now how much I miss you and wish I had that one chance to tell you how much I love you and how proud I am of you. I pray for strength and I pray for peace in my mind and in my heart and I know you are happy where you are so Godspeed and till we meet again. I remain,

Your loving sister always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Thexeira family,

I can fully understand your feelings as I went thru the same. My mum passed away exactly 1 month and 1 day after Fr David passed on. My mum passed away on 14 Jan 2008 and since then, I am still coming to terms with her death. I still can't imagine and somewhat believe that she is no more longer in this world....but I am always praying for stength to carry on....and I hope too God will shower all His blessings upon your family...always!

Sincerely,

albert

Anonymous said...

hi thexeira family, my name is jon n i've left a comment here before...i was part of fr.thexeira's first sfa confirmation batch...i miss dear fr thexeira so much n think about him always...take care n may God be wit u